Halloween is on Tuesday, October 31st, 2017. In preparation for Halloween related activities, we would like to remind you of the following guidelines:
- No costumes which are demeaning to any race, religion, nationality, handicapping condition, or gender, may be worn.
- Students may not wear masks to school.
- Face painting may not cover the identity of a student.
- Costumes may not cause a significant disruption or distraction to the school program (i.e. revealing costumes, midriff tops, short shorts, etc.).
- Props and equipment will not be permitted.
- Costumes which completely hide the identity of the student (i.e. gorilla suit, “Scream” character, etc.) may not be worn.
- Costumes which will impair in any manner a student’s vision or movement are not permitted.
- Weapons, or replica of weapons, may not be brought to school.
- Costumes that portray obscene materials, prohibited substances, or gang affiliation may not be worn.
Students wearing costumes that are not aligned to these guidelines will be asked to contact their parents and wear their school uniform. Be safe and responsible in the selection of a costume or outfit to wear. If students choose not to wear a costume, regular school uniform rules apply. We appreciate your support in this matter.
**We support all students, including those who do not take part in celebrations. If you do not celebrate Halloween, an alternative setting and activities will be provided. Thank you!